Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oriental Daily Interview Series -- Part 1: Sandra Ng

I normally don't like to post up articles in this section, but these were just way too good to pass up! Plus I've been trying to re-start my 'Acting Class' posts for awhile now, just haven't had time to really get stuff finalized....so until I get those posts up and running, hope you enjoy this series of articles!
.--
Margie Tsang (TVB 'fa dan' from the 80s) recently did a 4 part series of interviews for Oriental Daily with her classmates from TVB's 12th Acting Class (1984). These interviews were featured in the weekend edition of Oriental Daily starting on 1/30/2011 and recently ended on 2/26/2011. The 4 classmates she interviewed were Sandra Ng, Sean Lau, Michael Tao, and Lawrence Ng.

Below are translated versions of the interviews as well as the original interviews in Cantonese (I decided to post both versions because I personally like to read things in their original language, since something usually gets lost in translation, no matter how well the translation is done).

.***.

Part 1: Interview with Sandra Ng

Original article published 1/30/2011
Source: Oriental Daily

Translated by: llwy12


Picture credits as listed

Margie’s ‘chok’ voice seduces men; Sandra sees her ‘in the flesh’

As a result of actress Kiki Sheung’s wedding, a group of classmates from TVB’ 12th Acting Class who had been ‘separated’ for years got the chance to finally ‘reunite’. 28 years after they graduated, each one is a successful star – among them are Best Actor and Actress winners such as Sandra Ng, Sean Lau, and Carina Lau; as for Margie Tsang, Michael Tao, and Lawrence Ng, each has seen success in their careers and are well-known lead actors/actresses today.

Amongst the classmates, Margie and Sandra had the closest relationship – so close that they became ‘sworn sisters’ and have maintained their closeness throughout the years. Even though both women are mothers now, when they got together for this interview, they did not ‘mince’ words, still chatting up a storm and revealing each other’s secrets, almost as though they were still back in their ‘schoolgirl’ days! During the interview, Sandra reveals Margie’s ‘dating tricks’ and Margie ‘takes revenge’ by calling Sandra ‘lascivious sister’!

M = Margie Tsang
G = Sandra Ng

M: Classmate Ng, we’ve been able to keep a good relationship from Acting Class days until now – not bad, huh?

G: Wow….Acting Class….that was before the ‘war’…I forgot already!

M: Doesn’t matter! We’re not fooling anyone anyways….just fooling ourselves!

G: Has it really been 28 years already? So that means I’m 28 years old now!

M: At that time, the 2 of us were the closest – I ‘played’ with you the most often!

G: I remember having sleepovers at your house – your bed was too small, so I had to sleep on the floor!

M: Oh! Gosh, I was such a bad host! Hahahaha! [pretends to be embarrased]

G: Exactly! Hey, I was a ‘guest’, after all! I also remember that you had a blue phone near your bed and you would talk on the phone constantly. There was no such thing as ‘call waiting’ back then and you would keep talking and talking, even until you’re out of breath, you would still talk into the phone with that ‘chok’ voice of yours, trying to be ‘sweet’! Who was on the other line? You tell me! Hahahaha!!

M: Hey….come on, let’s not talk about that! What do you mean ‘who was on the other line’? [actually referring to then boyfriend Tony Leung]

G: What? I thought the purpose of this interview was to reveal your secrets? [displays a smug expression on her face]

M: [changes subject] Let’s talk about you instead – a ‘lascivious’ sister!

G: I have to clarify that I am not ‘lascivious’ – I am just very interested in the mysteries of the human body, that’s all! For instance, why is it that classmate Carina [Lau]’s chest is so big, yet classmate Margie’s is so small? Maybe at that time, we were not ‘fully developed’ yet, but then why are Suzhou ladies’ chests so much bigger? Do they have better drinking water in Suzhou? [TN: Carina Lau is from Suzhou, China] Yes, that’s probably the reason – we’re ‘malnourished’! [Margie pretends to be upset that Sandra dragged her into this]

M: Ha! Whenever I go over to your house to play, you always tell me not to lock the door when I’m showering, but I’m afraid your family members may accidentally burst in, so I make sure to pull the curtain closed…to my surprise, you ‘showed up’ behind me one time, and then….

G: [displays a ‘no big deal’ expression] Seeing me there all of a sudden, you were so happy, huh? Hey, I was just curious!

M: Well, since you went to an all-girls school, I understand that you are more ‘open’, but I went to a co-ed school, so I’m more modest – you made me so embarrassed, seeing me ‘in the flesh’ like that!

G: Do you remember that time during Chinese New Year’s eve when we bathed in pomelo leaves and bought red underwear? I found out later that turned out to be a bad move, since [geomancer] Peter So said that I should avoid red! Come to think of it, I really do like asking my classmates to shower at my house…guess I really am a ‘stamp collector’….hahahaha! [TN: Sandra is referring to the ‘stamp collecting’ (集郵)episode from her “Club Sparkle” talk show the year before that got her into some ‘trouble’]

.—

G: Acting class was so strict back then – classmates (from the same class) were not allowed to date! Not like we had time to do anything anyways….out of the entire class, you were the one who started dating early on…(referring again to Tony Leung)

M: Look who’s talking! [implies that Sandra was dating too]

G: No, I hadn’t graduated yet..he (referring to then boyfriend Alex To) came along later…aiye, I don’t remember anymore! Let’s go back to you instead!

M: We loved hanging out at discos back then, especially since having ‘Ladies Nights’ was so popular! I remember we used to hang out until 2 or 3am in the morning, sometimes partying until the lights came on!

G: Teacher Lau [Fong Gong] (Acting class instuctor at the time) knew that we were out playing and when he questioned us, he would call us into the room separately, never letting us ‘coordinate’ our stories with each other!

M: Luckily there weren’t any paparazzi at that time….

G: Even you felt we were being too crazy, huh? Hahaha….

M: Not me! Don’t know about you though!

.—

G: We all had so many opportunities back then and each of us took different paths, so there was no jealousy there -- plus, right after graduating from acting class, none of us had much acting skill anyway…pretty much we were all just a blank sheet of paper! I remember the first role I played when I graduated was that of a prostitute, then I was someone’s mistress and even had bed scenes – I was so scared and didn’t really know what was going on! After 2 or 3 years, I was recruited to be in EYT [TN: TVB’s flagship variety program that ended in the 90s] and we ended up going on different paths…even though I made new friends, the 2 of us continued to keep in touch – hey, we would even know whenever either one of us didn’t have to work on a particular day!

M: Well, I was a little bit envious of some of the others – back then, I would always be waiting in the classroom and if there were shows that needed a young girl to help out, I would volunteer!

G: You had such a ‘baby face’ back then, should have just been a child star! Hey, you ended up being a ‘fa dan’ (lead actress), so not too bad! But I feel that your biggest accomplishment was becoming a loving mother! I know you sacrificed a lot….and you’re such a patient person. I really can’t compare – if there was a contest and 10 points represents ‘the perfect mother’, I would only get 5 points, but you would definitely get 10 points!

M: You’re just being humble! Do you remember one time when I was busying taking care of my son, you called and wanted me to go out, but I said No….you immediately didn’t like it and said that since the heavens gave us children, the heavens will take care of them for us?

G: That’s why I say that you have so much more patience than me! The most tiring thing isn’t providing food and shelter for our children, but rather playing with them. After I had my daughter, whenever I had to film a movie, I would isolate myself for 2 or 3 weeks to prepare and tell my family not to disturb me – surprisingly, my daughter was ok with it….maybe because she attends an international school, so is more independent!

I’m also curious….if your son were to bring a girlfriend home, what would your reaction be? Would she have to ‘pass’ your inspection?

M: That’s still a long ways off, since my son is only 12 years old. But pretty much, we treat each other like friends rather than mother/son – that’s how things work nowadays. So only a daughter for you? Will you try to go for another one?

G: Considering it….but let’s leave it up to fate…if need be, can always adopt! Actually, we sort of ‘adopted’ each other’s child anyway…you’re my daughter’s godmother and I’m your son’s godmother – so pretty much we both have a son and daughter then, I’m already very satisfied! In this generation, what else could we ask for? Haha….

.—

Margie and Sandra definitely have a close relationship – after Margie had her son and Sandra had her daughter, they ‘adopted’ each other’s child and are like family.

As the 2 ‘godmothers’ gathered for the interview, Margie’s son wasn’t present, but Sandra’s daughter Chan Tze-Ze did come to visit her mom on the set. Dressed in her favorite purple outfit and wearing a purple bow in her hair, the little girl looked extremely cute! Margie was very excited to see her goddaughter and spent a lot of time playing with her, taking pictures, and giving her presents… Tze-Ze returned the ‘favor’ by making funny faces for the camera – what a busy day for the little 4 year old!

.****.

Chinese version:

華倩chok聲冧仔君如窺全相

因為一場舊同學商天娥的婚宴,造就一班「失散」多時的電視訓練班舊同學重聚,廿八年後個個「學業有成」,其中更包括影帝和影后,如劉青雲、吳君如和劉嘉玲,而曾華倩、陶大宇及吳啟華等亦在演藝界中獨當一面。華倩和君如當年在班上感情之好堪稱「金蘭姊妹」,現今兩女雖已各為人母,但是次敍舊訪問竟句句精彩,君如大爆華倩拍拖冧招,華倩即反擊被「鹹濕妹」君如睇全相!

曾 = 曾華倩 吳 = 吳君如

爆攞膽戀事

曾:吳同學,我哋訓練班出嚟keep到依家(感情)算係咁啦?

吳:嘩……訓練班,戰前嘢嘞,我都淡忘!

曾:唔緊要啦!邊呃到人呀,呃自己架啫!

吳:真係廿八年咩?咁我咪廿八歲囉!

曾:嗰時我哋感情最好,我同你玩最多!

吳:我仲去你大埔屋企瞓,你張床好細,我仲要瞓地下,你就瞓床!

曾:吓!乜我咁識招呼人呀!哈哈哈哈……(面露尷尬)

吳:咪係囉!過門都係客嘛!我仲記得你床頭有個藍色電話,成日就煲電話粥,以前冇call waiting,你呀,講到死唔斷氣,chok起把聲話「點呀……」好攞膽!把聲chok到懶sweet咁!嗰個邊個?你話呢!哈哈哈哈!

曾:喂……唔好講呢啲好喎!咩邊個呀!(其實指梁朝偉)

吳:乜你唔係叫我嚟爆你啲嘢咩?(說時一臉得戚)

爆「鹹濕」

曾:講番你啦,一個鹹濕妹!

吳:我唔係鹹濕,我要澄清只係對人體奧秘好感興趣,點解劉嘉玲(同期訓練班)咁大(咪咪),曾華倩咁細,可能我哋讀訓練班時未發育完成,啲蘇州姑娘咁大嘅?蘇州啲水好飲啲?可能就係咁,我哋發育不良!(華倩被拉落水不是味兒)

曾:去你屋企玩呀,叫我入去沖涼唔好鎖門,我又驚你屋企人入嚟,咪淨係拉埋浴簾囉,點知你突然喺我後面出現,就係咁……

吳:(若無其事地)突然間見到我係咪好開心呢!我都係出於好奇啫!

曾:你讀女校就open啫,我讀男女校,好保守架嘛,搞到我幾尷尬,睇晒我喎……

吳:你仲記唔記得我哋年卅晚仲買碌柚葉浸浴,又買新紅底褲?原來把鬼嘅,蘇民峰話我忌紅!我真係好鍾意請啲同學返屋企沖涼,我「集郵」嘛,哈哈……

爆男女關係

吳:我哋訓練班好嚴,唔畀搞男女關係,都係Locker room啫,做到咩出嚟吖,班上最早拍拖係你囉……(又指梁朝偉)

曾:你呢……話我!

吳:我都未畢業,佢(指杜德偉)係之後嘅,唉!我唔記嘞!講番你啦!

曾:我哋好鍾意出去蒲Disco,尤其嗰時好興Ladies Night,我哋成日都蒲到兩、三點,有時玩到個場開燈!

吳:劉芳剛老師知道我哋出去玩,要問我哋,但又唔畀我哋夾口供,要我哋一個一個入房講!

曾:好彩嗰時冇狗仔隊咋……

吳:你都覺得好淫亂呢……哈哈……

曾:我唔係呀,唔知你喇!

爆妒忌

吳:我哋嗰時都好多機會,大家都唔同路線,冇得妒忌,啱啱訓練班出嚟,有咩演技吖……白紙一張,最記得自己一出嚟就做舞女角色,又做過劉江情婦,仲有床戲架,我好驚,自己又「一碌葛」咁!拍咗兩、三年就入咗EYT,大家條路都好唔同,自己又同另一班人玩,不過我哋都keep住聯絡,邊個冇工開都知!

曾:我又好羨慕佢哋,我當年成日喺班房等,有啲節目要出去拍賣旗,我咪幫手!

吳:當年你個樣咁細,做童星就得!後尾你都做花旦啦!不過,我覺得你最大成就係做一個廿四孝媽媽!你真係好大犧牲,好有耐性,我就自問比唔上,如果做媽媽十分係滿分,我只係得五分,你就十分!

曾:你謙啫,你記唔記得嗰時我忙湊仔,你打嚟叫我出街,我話唔得,你即刻唔鍾意,仲話細路仔天生天養吖?

吳:所以咪話你有耐性,最攰唔係照顧仔女起居飲食,係陪佢玩呀,到我有個女後,當我忙開工,我即刻將自己閉關兩、三個星期,叫所有家人都唔好搵我,點知個女又得喎,可能我個女讀國際學校,夠獨立呀。我又想問你嘞……如果你個仔帶個女朋友返嚟你會點,使唔使過你嗰關?

曾:我又冇咁長遠,個仔都係十二歲啫,不過我都係當佢哋係朋友咁相處,呢個年代係咁啦。你淨係生個女?仲會唔會再追呢?

吳:諗o架……不過都係順天意,或者收養囉!其實我哋都契咗對方嗰件……你就契我個女,我就契你個仔,咪等如大家都有仔有女,我都好滿足嘞!呢個年代仲想點呀!哈哈……

姊妹契約

華倩、君如各有子女,二人感情要好,故此華倩生了兒子後,便順理成章給君如上契,而君如生女後,亦將女兒上契予華倩。今次兩位契媽做訪問,「華倩仔」雖沒有造訪,但「君如女」陳是知卻有來探班。最愛紫色的是知一身紫色打扮,佩戴紫色蝴蝶結,相當可愛!契媽華倩見到契女很興奮,邊逗她玩邊送上發光鴨仔玩具,是知興奮對着媽咪的同時卻受到契媽的「誘惑」,令四歲人仔「忙爆」!

文:影視組 攝:沈健程 場地:the mira HONGKONG

No comments:

Post a Comment