Sunday, July 9, 2017

Celebrity Death News: veteran actress Susanna Auyeung

I'm really sad at the moment, as I just found out that one of my favorite former TVB actresses -Susanna Auyeung - passed away yesterday from illness at the age of 63.  Most people nowadays probably don't know who Susanna is, since she was most active back in the 70s and 80s and retired completely from the industry back in 1993.  However if I were to mention who her husband is, I'm sure current TVB fans will recognize him instantly - he is veteran actor Samuel Kwok Fung.  Samuel and Susanna have been married 40 years and are considered one of the HK entertainment industry's most endearing model couples.  Both Samuel and Susanna have been favorites of mine since the 80s and I've continued to follow their careers all these years.  Even though Susanna already retired, I know she became a Chinese medicine doctor specializing in qigong and has saved countless lives over the past few decades.  Needless to say, I was devastated when I heard the news and seeing how much Samuel loved his wife, my heart is breaking right now thinking about what he must be going through at the moment.  My deepest, sincerest condolences to Samuel and hope that he finds the strength to continue keeping her memory alive.  Rest In Peace, Susanna!  :-(

1 comment:

  1. She was a good and talented actress during that period of time and she was very pretty. Although she was already famous she left the entertainment industry early to pursue her personal ambition. It’s such a pity she passed away at a relative young age.

    I remember reading the news that Susanna is a heavy smoker. It’s unfortunate that many cancers aren’t diagnosed until the disease is well-advanced and too late to cure. If she is detected at an early stage, she would have a better chance of survival.

    ReplyDelete